Friday, 11 September 2015
Five places that make Onam a hit
Onam is a festival of Kerala, during which a lot of Keralites make pookalam (Rangoli made up of fine chopped or whole flowers). The food and places add to the sweet memoir of Kerala’s culture & beauty.
One can avail best offers and travel package from the Domestic Tour Packages in India. They come with lucrative deals.
The enigma or the flavour of Onam lies in the following five places that rock Keral’s tourism sector.
1. Thripunithura, a neighbour of Ernakulum in Kochi hosts a street parade that includes floats, decorated elephants, music, art and more on the first day of the celebrations. This day is known as Athachamayan which reminds of the Maharaja Kochi who, when alive used to travel from Thripunithura to Vamanamoorthy, Thrikkakara.
2. Trichur also hosts a colourful parade that magnets a lot of people. A group of elephants , well decorated walk through the crowds and fireworks.
Swaraj Round of Trichur is popular for the Pulikalli also known as Tiger Play. The artists/ performers are dressed and painted like a tiger.
3. Kovalam, the dance centre of the city is acknowledged for its contribution to the dance education, art fairs. It hosts a Kathakali dance performance for which the performers usually get dressed as mythological characters.
4. River Pumpa in Kuttanad region hosts the Snake-boat Race aka vallamkalli. 100 oarsmen get into each boat competing with the other group.
5. Trivandrum, being the state capital, has 20 venues to host a variety of different events, like Pookalam, handicrafts, dance competitions, fairs etc.
- TravelSpider is the Best Outbound Travel Agent in Delhi NCR